Thank you so much for joining me at Open House last night! If you were not able to make it, there are a few things that were sent home in your child's folder today.. :)
Please Return The Following:
- Class T-shirt Order Form- Please consider purchasing one for your child as we will be wearing these on field trips and other times throughout the year!
- Parent-Vue Sign-Up- You do not need to fill out or return this form if you have already signed up in Parent-Vue (if you were at Kemp last year, you have already signed up and your login/password are still the same)
- Class Directory Form- We will have a class directory that will be sent home with each child. *If someone would like to volunteer to create this for us once they are all returned, I would be SOOO thankful :)
- Please Keep at Home for Reference:
- Road Map to First Grade Math Standards
- Reading At Home
- Sight Word Games
- Alphabet Letters with correct formation
Please check out the Power Point below for other important information!
Thank you so much and we are looking forward to a great year! As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!!
I am so excited to be teaching first grade again this year!! I CANNOT wait to meet my sweet students and your precious families!! It is going to be a fantastic year!! :)
I would love to share some information about myself with you! I was born in Tennessee, but have spent most of my life in Georgia. I graduated with my bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education from Kennesaw State University. I received my masters degree in Curriculum & Instruction from Central Michigan University and graduated from Lincoln Memorial University with a specialist degree in Leadership & Administration. I have been teaching in Cobb County for the past 16 years. Throughout my experience as an educator, my goal has always been to provide a safe and nurturing classroom community in which every child feels loved, accepted and successful. I strive every day to grow my students academically, socially and emotionally.
When I am not at school, I love spending time with my family. I have been married to my husband Jeremy for 14 years. We have a 11 year old son named Carter, a 9 year old daughter named Ella and a 6 year old Miniature Schnauzer named Belle. My family and our extracurricular activities keep me very busy!
Here are a few recent pictures of my sweet family!
I will see you soon!!! :)